Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Making Changes: 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

It ain't ideal either though.

This past month I hit my goal of running four 5k's for the year. On July 4th I ran FreedomFest and ended up PR'ing which was another goal I've been trying to hit all year. My time was 29:21 which is 31 seconds faster than my previous PR. I worked hard for that too, people, because it got HOT fast! Summer running is not for the faint of heart. 

But if you'll remember I had also set a goal of losing 10 lbs for the month, which I knew would be challenging because I don't have *THAT* much to lose anymore...but alas, I think I lost 1 lb or something. Basically I'm at a standstill and until I figure out a diet and stick to it, I will probably stay there.

My next 5k is the Color Vibe in August. It's starts at 9 a.m. meaning it will be 200 degrees outside, but it's not a timed race and I am running with my Mom who will be doing her very first 5k! Should be fun!

Hopefully I can report back next month with some weight loss!!!!


2 comments:

*Jessica said...

1) Yay for you! Proud of ya!
2) You do NOT have 10# to lose
3) I am seriously going to take up running (some way, some how) after lil man gets here.

Ashley said...

Awe you're a sweet lady.
maybe we can run once a week together or something?!? If I don't quit by then! Haha!