Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Holy Updates!

I'll just get right to it and then I'll explain all of the details. 2 pretty major things have happened since I last blogged...well technically, one of them happened on March 1st, but anyway...
My sweet Isabel turned 1 on April 21st!!!! And we are expecting Baby #2 in November!






Isabel at 12 months old you:

*Wear a size 12 months in clothes, size 3 or 4 in shoes and a size 3 diaper. I honestly don't have a clue what you weigh but we'll find out this week at your checkup. If I was guessing...20-21 lbs.
* You are walking all over the place. And climbing. And you want to be outside 24/7.
*You haven't had formula or a bottle in over a month and you weren't phased by the change at all. I can only hope that you'll be this easy when it comes to taking away the paci and potty training. A Mom can dream, right?
*You sleep through the night almost always. You had a week or so this month that was a little off, but you also have a new tooth breaking through on top and I figure that has something to do with it.
*So teeth....you still have the 2 bottom front, and are just now starting to get 1 on the top. I will have to learn the technical names for the teeth pretty soon.
*You still love baths and the dogs, not only ours but other people's as well. You play well with your toys and books and normally keep yourself pretty entertained throughout the day. You love to swing and to ride around in your new wagon.
*You still take 2 naps a day, one mid-morning and one in the afternoon.
*You are mastering the fit-throwing which can be stressful and cute all at the same time. "No" is not your favorite word. You also tend to throw a fit if I try to feed you with a spoon. You want to pick up EVERYTHING with your hands and eat it. Mashed potatoes included.
*You still love everyone. No strangers in your world. You are happy go lucky most of the time and just a joy to be around honestly.

You turned 1 and it was bittersweet. You ran (rolled) your first 5k with your Daddy and then had a big birthday party at church yesterday evening. I stayed so busy that I didn't have a lot of time to be sad about you turning 1. And you had such a good time eating cake and playing with kids that it was hard to be anything but happy. We love you so much!!!! Happy Birthday sweetie.

And on to that other thing.... :)

Since announcing my pregnancy I have had 3 people inbox me on FB to ask if this was planned. Hahahaha! The irony is astounding. Of course it was planned. It's not likely that my husband and I will ever have a "surprise" baby. I know anything can happen, but....anyway.

To make a long story short, we went back to the fertility clinic on January 4th to start the process for FET #2. I started bc, and then lupron injections and then estrogen patches with baby aspirin and then progesterone injections and then antibiotics. Oh did I add prenatals too?!?! Anyway, we did all of that and then our FET was on March 1st. On March 12th (the day before my 8th wedding anniversary) we found out it worked!!!! I was standing at the zoo looking at a giraffe when I got the call....think I should decorate the next nursery in giraffes? :)

So...I had to see my RE for the first 9 weeks of pregnancy and then this past week I was released to my local OB. I have not had a single moment of morning sickness (I didn't with Isabel, either), only fatigue and extreme hunger! We had a little bit of a scare in that I had a sub.chorionic hem.orrhage during week 7 and that scared the crap out of me of course, but since then it has repaired and everything seems to be fine. Today...I am 10 weeks pregnant. Due November 18th, and my children are scheduled to be 19 months apart. That seems to be another FAQ. :) Oh, and there is only 1 baby in there. lol

I've always heard that you show quicker with your 2nd baby. I'd like to add that for me not only am I having my 2nd baby but I just had my first 1 year ago...so the combo is giving me quite the belly at 10 weeks along. Ha! I'm not one to get hung up on the weight part of pregnancy...as long as the baby is healthy. So far I haven't actually gained a lb. but it looks like I have a beer belly. :)

So devoted blog followers (CJ) there is your update. :)

7 comments:

quadmom said...

Aww congratulations on baby #2!! So exciting!

Mrs. V said...

Congratulations!! I also found that I'm showing quicker this time. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to read about your journey!

Carrie said...

I was wondering too! So happy for y'all!

AL said...

oh wow, congratulations!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

How exciting! Congrats on #2!

Rikki said...

I love this post on so many levels. And I also need your address to send little Isabel her present... or I can bring it by next time I'm in town.

*Jessica said...

yay! Happy Birthday to a sweet girl and congratulations to a sweet family! We had fun at the party...Sophia has asked three times "Go Isabel's happy birthday party?" lol