Isabel Jade! How in the world are you 11 months old? I know every Mom thinks that the time flies by, but it goes by quicker with you than any other baby, I'm sure of it. :)
At this age you:
*Wear a size 12 months in most clothing. You're still very small-waisted and you have a couple of 6-9 month skirts that are just now fitting. You are in a size 3 shoe and size 3 diaper. You haven't had a checkup in awhile but I would estimate you at around 19 lbs.
*You sleep through the night...sometimes. Ha! I don't really know what to tell people when they ask, because this week....yes, you are sleeping through the night. Last week? Not so much. You still take 2 naps during the day. One mid-morning and one in the afternoon.
*We are about done with formula. I still give you a bottle first thing in the morning, always. And then some nights I give you a bottle before bed. It just depends on what time you ate dinner. You are doing so well on whole milk in a sippy and table food, that you really don't seem to care about your bottle one way or the other. I can't even list all of the things that you are eating now. Pretty much, if you can chew it and it's relatively healthy, I give it to you.
*Speaking of chewing, you still just have the 2 teeth on the bottom. They are so cute that I don't even care if you ever get anymore. I'm kidding of course.
*Oh there is this one minor detail and it is that you are WALKING!!!! You started a little over a week ago. I wouldn't enter you in a marathon just yet, because you still prefer to crawl. But every day you are getting braver and taking more steps. And just this week you started standing up without pulling up on anything. You've been into everything since you started crawling at 6 months, but now....oh my gosh. Well, it's taken me 3 attempts to type this post...so far.
*You say ma-ma, da-da, and "yeah". Pretty positive that you have no idea what "yeah" means, but it's still cute. You talk all of the time. All day long with the jibberish. It's pretty adorable. You also scream and shriek and squeal all day long and that is mostly cute too. Ha.
*I've learned that I can keep you content in the cart at the grocery store, just so long as you have a sippy cup, a bowl of puffs, and a random grocery item up front with you. If I forget any of the above, I end up carrying you and pushing the cart at the same time.
*Randoms: You are so funny. Always smiling and making the goofiest faces. You never meet a stranger which scares me a little. You have learned to steal the dog's toy and squeak it 1 million times until he finally pounces on you. You like for Daddy to put you on his back and run around the yard with you. You've started to want to share your food with Mommy and Daddy, regardless of how slimy that particular food is. :) You laugh about most things. You give really slobbery kisses. You LOVE bathtime. You've only been sick a couple of times-we have been so lucky. You're such a sweet girl, really. I can't imagine an easier baby than you. I'm sure that your future siblings will give us a run for our money. It only seems fair. Haha.
*While I'm talking about how sweet you are I want to go ahead and add that you have learned to throw fits. This is pretty recent, so I almost forgot it although I don't see how. You can throw a fit with the best of them!!! They are few and far between, but oh man. Things that cause fits: not feeding you fast enough, making you lay down in your bed for sleeping purposes, putting you in the playpen so that I can go to the restroom, taking anything away from you, Daddy telling you "no" (you laugh when I say it), etc.
So I've blinked and 11 months have gone by and I am planning a birthday party for my sweet tiny baby, who isn't tiny at all anymore. So bittersweet. Your Dad and I are so excited to see you grow up, but don't be in any hurry about it, okay?





1 comment:
Sorry, but 1 picture isn't enough. Fix that.
Oh, and it was so good to see you two! She is SUCH a doll! I can't believe she'll be ONE next month!
Post a Comment