Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 17, 2012

17 months and 31 weeks! From a terrible blogger...

Lately I have been laying in bed at night, not sleeping, and thinking about things I would like to blog about. I hope that soon enough I will start making this a regular thing again, because I actually do enjoy it and I like knowing I can look back to see our journey. (I hate when people say journey, lol)

I am 31 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. For now, everything seems pretty normal (Thank God). I am getting to the stage where I have a hard time sleeping at night because that seems to be when Eva is the most active. I also have the lovely heartburn again like I did with Isabel. Everything gives it to me. It waited a little longer to show it's ugly face this pregnancy, but it's here full throttle now. And last, but CERTAINLY not least, and I am not exaggerating at all, I get up to pee between 15-20 times a night. No lie. I remember making many bathroom trips with my last pregnancy, but NOTHING like this. I don't know if it's because the baby likes to hang out in the bladder area 24/7 or if it's because my poor bladder has taken a beating in the past 2 years so I'm just more sensitive to the "urge", but I have to say....I don't care for this part at all. And occasionally she will kick and it will be all I can do to make it to the bathroom without wetting myself. And there you have it....a paragraph about my peeing habits. Ha.
My weight: Eeesh. My doctor says I've gained 21 lbs. I say I have gained 26. And I know I'm right, but I don't tell him that. I had a 6 pound month last time and now I am already at 3 for this month and I don't see the doctor for over another week. I'm in trouble. My excuse? I don't have one. I never wanted anything sweet when I was pregnant with Isabel and now I eat something sweet every day. I guess that's the difference. Honestly, I'm still not far from where I was last time. I have a goal of 35. I really think it will be closer to 40 if I have her close to her due date.
I keep doing a lot of comparing pregnancies. I feel like I will probably do a lot of comparing kids too. Not in a negative way, but I think it will be neat to compare sizes, personalities, likes/dislikes. I can't wait to see how alike or different they will be. My husband and I joke that because they were actually fertilized in the same dish at the same time, they are basically twins, just 18-19 months apart. Is your mind blown? Mine is.
I still feel really great, which you wouldn't know, because I am pretty cranky I hear. Or maybe it's emotional. My husband likes to let me know when I'm acting a fool. I've not had the back pain like I did with Isabel, but instead I feel almost constant pressure on my hips. It's weird. Not really painful, but maybe a little uncomfortable.
Belly button: Still way in. I don't expect it to get flat or poke out because it didn't last time either. And I don't have any sign of the dark like that a lot of women get on their bellies.
 I feel like my pregnancy has been 8 weeks long instead of nearly 8 months. It really has flown by and it makes me a little nervous that in 2 months I will have 2 under 2. Wowza! We are ready! Well....her room is ready, her laundry is clean, and we have everything that we need with the exception of minor things like diapers. I haven't packed for the hospital and probably won't for 3-4 more weeks. I feel like it would jinx it and she would come way early, and I don't want that. We have a diaper shower coming up this Saturday and SURELY I will have some pictures to post from that. Next.

My little girl is 17 months old! Or at least she will be on Friday. I just want her to slooowwww down, oh my goodness!
She weighs about 23 lbs. That's the reading that we get on the scales at home, because her next checkup isn't until the end of October. We just officially moved up to size 4 diapers and she is wearing 18 months in most things and still 12 months in a few things. She has a tiny waist, but she seems to be pretty long. Lately I have had several people comment on how long she looks. She's finally getting some hair. I mean we won't be taking her for a haircut for another 2 years or so (haha), but there is definitely some dark hair growing in and it gets crazy when she sleeps on it! It looks like it is going to be kind of auburn like mine. Brown, but in the sun you can see quite a bit of red. And her eyebrows look red too.
She likes a lot of healthy foods. This makes me proud. My eating is terrible and I don't want her to be picky like I am. She loves bananas, apples, pears, cottage cheese, green beans, oatmeal, yogurt, cheese, etc. Of course, I haven't found much that she doesn't like--but those are the healthier things that I try to incorporate in on a daily basis. :)
She has 10 teeth. Well, I'd say 8 and 2 halves. Lol. 2 of them are barely poking through the gums, but they're there. And she bites me when I try to feel them.
She is officially a toddler. And what I mean by that is that she is hilarious and she mimics things that are on tv, or that her Dad and I say. She especially mimics the dog. She gets into everything. She throws temper tantrums like a crazy person, and I now have refused to take her grocery shopping with me anymore because I leave the store with $400 worth the stuff and have no idea what I've bought when I get in the car. Haha! I just want to make clear that I adore every single thing that she does. I love her like I didn't even know was possible, I'm just trying to get the point across that we MAY be in the "terrible two" stretch. :)
She still talks jibberish alllll of the time and it's so cute. But she knows lots of words too. There are several, but a couple of the newer ones are "tickle", "burp", and "nah".
She sleeps great. Goes to bed between 8:00-8:30 and wakes up between 7:00 and 8:30. She generally takes 2 naps during the day or 1 big one (3 hours) it just depends. Perfect. I hope it stays that way after Eva is born.
She still loves to be outside and she will come grab one of our hands and try to pull us to the door. Or she will just sit by the door and cry until you take her out. Rain or shine. It could be thundering and lightning outside and she will still be trying to go out.
She has learned to give kisses and hugs and boy do I like this part! She also brings her stuffed animals and baby dolls to us for us to kiss.
I of course am on a schedule here, so I will wrap this up--but we are just feeling so blessed to be having 2 girls after all the mess we went through to get here and I would love for time to just SLOW down!

No comments: