I have maybe 7 minutes until my child wakes up from her nap, so I wanted to update real quick.
On the 21st, Isabel turned 1.5 years old! She had a doctor appt yesterday and she weighed 22.9 lbs (15%tile) and was 31 3/4 inches long (50%tile). I'm concerned that the kid is just not growing, but her doctor says she is completely healthy and at the age where kids are too busy to eat. He also said that for the year, she has gained a sufficient amount of weight and that she is probably just at a standstill. I do know one thing--the is one of the most "active" kids that I have ever been around. My Mom is always commenting on things that she does that my sister and I just never did. (example: climbing, trying to escape any form of confinement, flipping out because she hates high chairs at ANY public eating establisment, etc.). But even with all of that going on, she has still never once attempted to climb out of her crib. So for now, she still hasn't bumped up to a toddler bed and I am SO HAPPY about that.
Just recently she has started telling us "stinky" and patting the back of her diaper, or squeezing the front of it when it's wet. I feel like maybe she is ready to experiment with potty training, except that MOMMY IS NOT!!! I had planned to start this madness after the first of the year when I had developed a bit of a routine with my 2 under 2, but my child constantly teaches me that we're on her schedule....not mine. :)
Other than that--her sleeping is good 60% of the time and NOT about 40% of the time. I'm hoping this is a phase because she used to be such a good sleeper.
She takes one nap right in the middle of the day and for about 2-2.5 hours. She is wearing 12-18 months in clothing. Mostly 18 months for the length. She wears a size 4 diaper and a size 5 shoe.
She has really started to repeat us and it's funny. Some newer things that she's been saying/repeating: "good grief!", "oh no!", "diaper", "Pedro" (the dog), & of course she says Momma, Daddy, Mammaw, Pappaw, Nanny, Pop....all of the relatives names. She calls my sister (Jodi) "Joji". She still speaks a lot of jibberish too. Just like her Dad. ;-)
Halloween is this week and she is going as a watermelon. Super scary! Haha. We took her this past week to a pumpkin patch and had her pics made and let her "pick out a pumpkin". Mostly she just ran around poking all the pumpkins and even took a bite out of one. LOL!
And me? Well, I'm still pregnant. In fact, I had a doc appt yesterday and was not dilated, at all. Apparently both of my girls have found my uterus to be a very hospitable enviroment and just have no desire to come out of there on their own. We will have an ultrasound next week to estimate the size of this baby and then decide from there about induction. Honestly? I want to be induced. I have no desire at all to go into labor on my own. I just want to know that Isabel is taken care of and her routine isn't messed up, and that JT has time to put in for some vacation days, and that my house is clean and my nails are done...haha. I'm mostly kidding about the last part, but people, I like a PLAN!
I feel fine. A little uncomfortable when trying to do anything physical, and I definitely feel pressure on the hips, but I think I actually feel better this time than I did last time. No swelling at all. My blood pressure has been perfect. Good things. I've gained about 32 lbs. YIKES. With Isabel it was 35 and I went 4 days over my due date...so it's safe to say I may be gaining a little more than that this time even though EVERYONE keeps telling me I am smaller (looking) this time around. I know it's just that the weight distributed differently.
And there you have it, Miss Isabel has awakened. :) Gotta go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Yay for the update =)
I'm sure she will look adorable as a watermalon and I'm glad you are doing great... no too long a wait now, exciting!
Post a Comment