I am 37 weeks & 4 days pregnant. Yesterday, I had an appointment with my OB and we did an ultrasound to estimate the size of Eva. At 36 weeks with Isabel, she was estimated at 8.5 and ended up weighing 9.11 at birth. People always want to say to me, "oh those ultrasounds are off most of the time, mine said this and the baby weighed that" and while I know that's true--they pretty much nailed it with my first baby, so I have no reason to believe that they aren't at least close with this one. At 37 weeks and 3 days they estimated E at 7.11. So, what that means is that she's smaller, but not small. She could still gain 1.5 lbs if I deliver at 40 weeks. My doc was hoping to keep her under 8 if possible. Anyway--I'm not dilated at all and the ultrasound tech says that with the size of this baby's head, she doesn't think I will dilate on my own. Same as with Isabel. Eva measured chunky and short which cracks me up because I'm not short, my husband is not short and we have very few short family members. My sister is over 6 feet tall, for Pete's sake. But we'll see how it goes. I can tell you that I'm not looking forward to birthing that biggo head. ;)
Nevertheless, she looked good and healthy and seems to be thriving in my uterus and that's all I could really pray for anyway. The rest of it we'll get through. I go back to my OB on Wednesday of next week (if I don't go into labor before then) and he says we'll schedule an induction date at that time.
I said this in the last post, but I really actually want to be induced. I have a fear of going into labor on my own and rushing around and forgetting something. Or having my "plan" for what to do with Isabel while I'm in the hospital be messed up. Ridiculous stuff in the big scheme of things, but that's me being honest. That is where my anxiety stems from right now--worrying about my Baby #1. I've had a good pregnancy up to now, with the exception of the craziness that went on in the 1st trimester. I feel good, mostly. Uncomfortable bending, sitting or sleeping, but good. Haha. I'm just down to the last couple of weeks and it feels like the first 36 flew by and now the last 4 are dragging. I guess it's like that for most people. I'm just trying to suck up these last few days with Isabel as an only child. And me getting to sleep at night. ;)
Here is a pic of my sweet family on Halloween night. And if you look in the dictionary beside "pregnant face", you will see my picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment