Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 1, 2012

2 week checkup, Randoms, & Resolutions

I have re-read my birth story post a few times and I keep laughing at a few things. 1) I think I said "super" 42 times. 2) Half of the time I seperated the names of medicines with a period in between letters in order to keep my blog from popping up when people search those terms on the internet. HALF of the time. I totally forgot to do it the other half which made the whole thing pointless. 3) Lately I have been basically just making fragmented sentences into my own langauge. I could go back and edit all of this and maybe I will someday, but meanwhile just try to remember that I am too tired to proofread or care too much right now. The fact that I am even making time to blog astounds me.

Another thing: I mostly surf the web, blog, facebook, etc. from my Kindle Fire. For whatever reason, I cannot leave comments on blogs from that device. I am still following your blogs. Specifically, SHANNY--I wanted to comment so badly on your interview with your husband and could not make it happen. That post was hilarious.

This next thing is about to make me sound 120 years old, but I just want to say that I cannot understand men in brightly colored skinny jeans--or skinny jeans at all really. It could be that I am from the South and when we see it here, it's rare. I just cannot imagine my husband wearing that stuff OR having gauged ears. That's another trend that I cannot figure out. Why would you want to stretch out your earlobes? That goes for the ladies too. It's just something I cannot wrap my head around.

I think there is something else that I wanted to address, but it has left me. Moving on...

Yesterday was Eva's 2 week checkup with her Pediatrician. I will absolutely be doing monthly updates on her and doing the cute little monthly pictures, but because this was just a 2 weeker, I am just giving the stats. She weighed 9 lbs even (up 10 oz from birth) and was 21 1/4 inches long (up 1/2 inch from birth). Basically, she is growing like a weed. It was 69% for weight and 79% for height. The height thing cracks me up. She isn't short by any means, but she has a long torso and shorter legs so she can still wear NB sized clothes and does still wear NB sized diapers, even at 9 lbs. Her sister never wore NB anything. Ha!
We had a few things that we asked the doctor about. She has a tiny bump on the outside of her ear and I was worried it might be a cyst or something. It's just the way the cartilage grew and her doctor says it will barely be noticeable as she grows, but if it's something she hates, it can be removed. (eventually)
I also was concerned that her belly button hadn't healed properly. It's sort of half innie and half outie right now. Her cord fell off right at a week old while Isabel's had fallen off at like 15 days old....so Isabel's was completely healed at that time and Eva's is still healing. Everything checked out perfect. The doctor told us not to change a thing. That always makes you feel good as a parent. She is a healthy little girl, thank you Lord!
And now I am going to go ahead and jinx myself real good. This baby is SO mellow. Isabel was such a good baby and I thought there would be no way that I'd be 2 for 2 with easy babies but as of now (it's still early) Eva is just as easy if not more so than Isabel was. She eats great, she sleeps FANTASTIC, and I can seriously count on one hand how many times I have heard her cry since she was born. She just never gets upset and when she does it's a little grunting here and there and that is all. Besides eating, she sleeps through the night and will sleep anywhere: bassinet, swing, car seat, in my arms...anywhere. Now....next month I may be singing a different tune, but for now we have just been so blessed with easy babies. Don't get me wrong--I'm exhausted. Living on 3 hour intervals will do that to you, not to mention my first "easy baby" is now a wild and crazy toddler that I chase around all the livelong day, but I know it could be so so so much harder.

My last topic on the world's longest post: Resolutions.

I don't normally do the whole new year resolution thing. It seems like a surefire way to set myself up for failure, but this year I have a few that I'd like to mention and start early. I'm thinking if I start now, then I will already be in the swing of things by Jan 1st...so maybe it's not really a resolution?

1) My walk with God.
-This will always need improvement. Always. Why not make it a goal to try to end next year in a better spiritual place? I have a LOT to thank God for and I need to make way way way more time for him than I currently do. I'm hoping to work on that first and foremost.
2) My body.
-Eeeek. 2 babies in 2 years. I'm ready to find my body under all of this mess. When I checked into the hospital to have Eva, I had gained 37 lbs of pregnancy weight. I have lost 25 lbs in 2 weeks while not dieting or exercising at all, but that last 12 will be killer and it's not technically the "last 12". I had about 15 lbs of fertility drug weight on me before my pregnancies and probably another 10-15 that I wanted to lose before that. That adds up. I have 40 lbs I still want to get rid of. It seems like an overwhelming amount, but it's my goal. In a couple of weeks I will turn 29 years old, meaning I have one year until I hit 30 and I am NOT doing it fat. It's just not happening. So....my plan is to *try* to update on my weight loss about every 6 weeks. I am hoping this blog will keep me accountable. My first goal: I want every single pound of pregnancy weight gone by my 6 week checkup, which is 12/26. 12 more lbs in the next few weeks. I can do this!!!
3) Running.
-I don't love running--my husband does. My husband's best friend does. My husband's best friend's wife who is a good friend of mine, does. My neighbor friend does. My Mom's co-workers/friends do. I AM SURROUNDED by runners. What I do like? How I feel when I am done running. How I feel when I accomplish new goals. How I feel when I finish a 5k. How it feels to lose weight. All of this makes it worth it. I have a goal to run four 5k's this year. That's VERY realistic if I can just work my schedule around my babies. I am out of shape though. I haven't ran a 5-k in 13 months, and I was pregnant for nearly 10 of those. I have work to do.
4) Healthy eating/cooking.
-This may be the very hardest for me. I don't even know how to go about it, because my husband and I HATE just about every type of veggie out there except potatoes. Haha. But I am going to figure it out and I am going to teach my children to eat healthy and I am going to stop putting trash into my body. (except for diet coke....can't commit to that yet) :)


I typed them. I put them on the internet for all of my followers (3 of you?) to see. Now, I want to be able to post that I have accomplished them. Wish me luck!!!!

1 comment:

Shanny said...

Yay for monthly pictures from little Eva, love those! (Fingers crossed she continues to be mellow!)
On your resolutions... Good luck! I want to take up running too, since it seems to be like one of the best Mommy weight loss tools, but with these two its a bit impossible. Going to attempt to do it on a threadmill.. once everyone in the house starts feeling better, we a bit sicky here =(
And hey, if you manage everything else you totally deserve that diet coke! Also,I will be here to cheer you on through your accomplishments because you CAN totally do it! (make sure you share your secrets with me though lol)