Eva Jasmine, you are 1 month old today!
Oh you sweet little girl, how can you already be a month old? I feel like we came home from the hospital yesterday!
*If I was guessing your weight, I would guess about 10 lbs. You were 9 lbs at your 2 week checkup, and you look like you have grown quite a bit to me since then. You wear newborn and 0-3 months, just depending on what it is. We just started you in size 1 diapers yesterday. You have been in newborns for the majority of your first month. You have such a long torso but your legs are short! You have chubby cheeks and your belly is pretty round, but your arms and legs are pretty thin. This is literally the EXACT OPPOSITE of how your sister was. (except for the cheeks) It's crazy how different you two are built--for now!
*You eat 4 oz every 3-4 hours. You have a very good appetite. You don't spit up hardly at all, but you have the hiccups ALL of the time-seriously, after every meal and sometimes in between. And you are gassy! We changed up your formula and I think it made a little bit of difference, but you are definitely still having gas issues. It doesn't make you cry or anything, but I can tell you are uncomfortable because you draw up your little legs and grunt. I have been giving you gripe water too, and that almost instantly kills the hiccups. I still feel so lucky that you do so well on your formula.
*You still sleep a lot. You are starting to be awake more and more, but still sleep several hours out of the day. You sleep great at night for a newborn, only waking up to eat around midnight and between 3 and 4 a.m. and then you usually go right back to sleep. You have started to sleep in a little later so you get up around 7 a.m. or so. For now you are in the bassinet in our room, but when you drop that midnight feeding, we will move you to your room which is right across the hall. You have taken a few naps in your bed and seem to sleep pretty well in there. You being in our room is simply a convenience for me and also to keep you from waking up your sister!
*You have started to follow voices with your eyes a little and I am seeing more neck control just here the past few days. If we lay you on your belly, you can turn your head from side to side, but you aren't really a fan of being on your belly unless you are laying on Daddy's or my chest. We'll start enforcing this more in the next month or so. Tummy time is tricky anyway, because I have to be on full watch for your wild and crazy sister! She wants to be right on top of you 24/7! :)
*You still have lots of dark brown hair and your eyes are dark blue for now. Everyone keeps telling me that you'll lose that hair and you just might--but maybe not? I can't tell what your eye color will be. Your sister had dark blue eyes at first and now they are a bluish green & gorgeous! I may end up with two blue eyed girls even though your Daddy has brown eyes and I have hazel.
*You still grunt. All.of.the.time. For a baby who rarely cries, you sure are a noisy little thing!
Today there was a shooting at an elementary school in Connecticuit. I have been so sad all day just thinking about it. It doesn't take a tragedy for me to realize how blessed I am to have my two healthy, beautiful girls--but it sure makes me want to cling to them even more.
Everyone talks about after you have your first child you think you could never love another child as much, and then of course when the second one is born, you do. I will be the first to admit that I have been obsessed with Isabel for her whole 19 months of life and I was afraid that there might be some sort of favoritism toward her and that is just not the case at all.
We are so in love with you Eva and thankful that God chose us to be your parents!!!! You have completed our family (we think...)perfectly! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment