I was going to do a post about "random things" and decided against it. I've done so many of those and as much stuff as there is going through my head these days, I might ramble on for days about it. Quite frankly, I'm pretty sleepy--so I will say one thing that has been on my mind and you can judge my craziness on a scale of 1-10 if you'd like:
Does anyone else have like MAJOR issues with their babies getting bigger/older? I don't know if it's leftover pregnancy hormones or if I am just a crazy lunatic (maybe both), but it's something that I am struggling with. I think maybe the finality of having Eva and her being our last "planned" baby has really messed with me. Every milestone is the LAST one I'll get to witness. Every outfit that she grows out of is the LAST time I'll have a baby that size. I could dwell on it, but I try not to. Having children and watching them grow and become big people that you are proud of is part of the "journey" (I really do hate that word), and I am so excited to do just that, but my goodness the time really seems to fly by! And I am home with them 7 days a week--I cannot imagine what it must feel like to those of you who have to spend 40+ hours a week away from your kids. Ugh. With that being said, my girls are doing great and growing and thriving and I am keeping them quarantined away from people with their dirty flu germs in hopes that I can keep them from getting it. More about them in posts coming up this month. I'm about to have a 2 month old and a 21 month old. :)
This post is called "Routines", right? Okay--I will write about that then.
Let me just start off by saying that I am not real strict about routines with my girls. We have a routine and things that we do at certain times every day, but if things come up or our routine gets messed with, I don't get all freaked out. Isabel has always been so good about adjusting to anything and everything and Eva is too little to know the difference just yet. If we need to get stricter, we will. But, I wanted to write what an average day-to-day routine is like for us so that I can look back and see whenever the urge may strike me. Or so that I can explain to my girls why Momma is off her rocker. :)
-This is of course a day when JT is at work.
*I usually get up around 5 a.m. or so and feed & change Eva and then we are back to bed by 5:30.
*Isabel usually wakes up anywhere from 7:30-8:30 and I get her up, change her diaper and get her breakfast made. (usually oatmeal or microwaveable pancakes with some sort of fruit and milk, nothing too difficult to make) She normally watches either PBS or Disney while she eats and I can get myself a cup of coffee and start a load of laundry or the dishwasher or whatever. I normally don't eat breakfast.
*Eva is usually hungry and awake by 8:30 or 9:00. If both girls wake up at the same time, things are a little crazier, but if I have that first initial 30 minutes to get Isabel set up, I'm golden.
*Eva wakes up, I get her diaper changed and feed her a bottle.
*From 9-10, I usually just sit and hold Eva while Isabel watches Sesame Street or plays with her toys. I spend entirely too much time on the internet during this time and that is about to stop. I have lost all control. Anyway....
*Between 10-12 I usually try to pick up a little or console a crying kiddo, sometimes 2 crying kiddos, just depending on how our morning is going. I try to stay on top of laundry and dishes, any other type of cleaning is usually done around JT's schedule or if my Mom is watching one or both of the girls. Needless to say, my "neat freak" status has gone out the window.
*Isabel usually goes down for a nap between 12-1 and I give Eva another bottle and change her diaper. If Eva goes to sleep during that time, I usually take that time to shower/brush teeth. (Yes, that's right, my teeth have not been brushed at this point, lol) Honestly, somedays I take that time to nap as well. And I pretty much always kick myself for not using that time to clean. If Eva does not sleep during that time, then I hold her and smooch on her little baby head, and that is quite a bit of fun too. :)
*Isabel gets up between 1:30-2:30 and I get her diaper changed and get her some lunch. If I haven't eaten yet, I usually do so around this time.
*Normally Eva sleeps an hour or so in the afternoon and I can play with Isabel for a couple of hours. Sometimes she wants nothing to do with me and just wants to watch "Elmo gan" (Elmo again) or "Elmo dat" (Elmo on that (tv)). Or "Frogs" which is the LeapFrog Letter Factory video that is teaching my child to be a genius, seriously. More on that later...
*Several more diapers are changed. Bottles are fed. Snacks are given.
*Daddy comes home at 7 and I start dinner.
*We eat dinner between 7:30-8:00.
*8:00 is bathtime for Isabel every night and Eva follows (every other night). Girls are lotioned up and jammies put on.
*8:30 is Isabel's bedtime.
*9:00 Eva takes a bottle and then goes to bed. Daddy goes to bed at this time too. I work out (okay this just started this week) and then shower and go to bed by 10:00 if I'm not blogging like I am right this second. :)
If I have to get the girls out to run errands, then well this is a whole different story. I generally need a good 2 hours in advance to get myself ready, both girls ready, diaper bag packed, and everyone and everything loaded in the car.
If anyone is reading this you are now bored to tears, but it's just one of those things that I want to remember and update every so often because I know it will change as they get bigger. BIGGER. (tear)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Nope, not bored to tears. I was just nodding my head as I read. Only another Mommy understands these things. I do get sad when I see how big and different they are getting then I talk myself into enjoying this moment because tomorrow they'll be even bigger.
*sigh*
Post a Comment