Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 14, 2013

2 months!


Eva Jasmine, you are 2 months old today!

*You wear size 0-3 months in clothes. We just started you on size 2 diapers today--just because we were waiting to run out of 1's. Your appointment was pushed back 2 weeks because your scatterbrained Mom showed up at the wrong time and we had to reschedule! Ugh! But with all of the flu going around, it might have been a blessing that we didn't hang out at the doc office for very long. Anyway, at home I weighed you fully dressed and got 13.5 lbs! Whoa Nelly! That is just rough estimate, but you are portly for sure. :) It seems like you are growing SO FAST!!! You still have a really long torso and short legs. I can see some leg growth, but you almost need a 3-6 months on top and no bigger than 0-3 on the bottom. Your Dad and I both have long legs, so this one is a brain scratcher. I have been hearing lately that you look like me. I've mentioned this before, but your sister was the spitting image of me for about the first 6 months of her life and now looks like a tiny version of your Daddy...so we'll see if you morph too. Haha.
*You eat 4-5 oz every 3 hours (on average) during the day. You've cut out your midnight feeding (about a week ago), so you are eating at about 9pm and then sleeping until around 3:30-4 a.m. before you wake up to eat again. The craziest thing about you is that you don't wake up and cry to let me know you're hungry. Instead, I can hear you grunting and squirming around in your bassinet and that's my cue! Occasionally I will hear you sucking on your fist...but no crying! Speaking of bassinet, I *think* we will probably move you to your bed in your room this week. You are starting to look big in the bassinet and you have started squirming around a lot before you fall asleep. I just don't think you're that comfortable in there. You sleep like a champ in your bouncer, and sometimes after your 4 a.m. feeding, I will put you in there and turn on the vibration and you will go right back to sleep. Daddy isn't a fan of that, but I don't hear him complaining about all of the sleep he's getting either. ;)
You have been a great sleeper from day 1. PTL!!!
*You are getting stronger with your neck control. You can hold your head up for several minutes by yourself without wobbling, and if I lay you down for tummy time you will pick your head up and move it from side to side. No signs of trying to roll yet, although you do pick both legs up and your head and it sort of looks like you are trying to fly. lol
*You still have quite a bit of dark brown hair in the back, but not a lot on top.
*You love bathtime, but hate to be lotioned up afterward.
*You normally sleep quite a bit in the mornings and then you are awake for most of the afternoon and then drift back off in the early evenings. You are starting to want to be held more and more and will fuss a little if you're awake and I'm not holding you. Hmmm, I think your sister did the same thing. I blame your grandparents for spoiling you!!!! :)
You still rarely cry. Of course, I said this to our friends (Hi Jessica), and then they came over and you fussed all night. But that rarely, happens...I promise!!!

You are such a sweet little butterball baby and such a joy to our lives! I cannot believe that God blessed me with such beautiful, healthy, little girls. And as always, try to stop growing up so fast, would ya!?!?!

1 comment:

Shanny said...

Awww Happy Two Months Eva Jasmine!