Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Double Doctor's Appointment!

Friday we finally got in for Eva's 2 month checkup. She weighed 13.0 lbs (95%tile) and was 23.5 inches long (75%tile). I can't remember what her head measurement was, but it was in the 90%tile. She was perfectly healthy and definitely getting enough to eat. ;)
I did ask him about a little rash that she has on her neck, and it turned out to be a yeast rash. Basically she hides a lot of moisture down in those neck rolls and it caused a little rash to grow. We got some cream for it and it already is starting to go away.
She did really well with her shots and only cried for maybe 20 seconds. Her sister got upset because she was crying, so I had both of them crying for a bit...but other than that it was not bad at all.

Isabel had to see the pediatrician too, but not for a checkup. This girl's nose has been POURING for a week. I feared she might have another ear infection and boy was I right--in both ears! So we are set up to meet with the ENT next week for a pre-op for tubes. Ultimately it's my choice on whether to do them or not, but her doc recommends it and I don't want her to keep getting ear infections! So as any other Mom would feel, I'm nervous about her being put under, but I know that the tubes should help keep her from getting ear infections every few months like she has been. :( In the meantime, she is on antibiotics and cold medicine.

This weekend I was supposed to have a girls night on Saturday night and then go to my parents' house for the Super Bowl (JT worked all weekend), and had to cancel both. My sister in law also got baptized at church this morning and we missed that too! Not only is Isabel sick, but my Mom has some sort of a stomach virus. Talk about an unfavorable weekend! Ha!
The weather is nice right now and I need to GET OUT of this house, so I think I am going to take the girls to the park after Isabel wakes up from her nap. Hoping to put that double stroller to use and walk off some of the M&M's that I've been poking down my throat all day.

I'm planning to do a post next week about my post body progress and some other changes I've been working on.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

Shanny said...

Oh my gosh, poor baby! It sucks that she keeps getting the ear infection but look at you being a wonderful Mommy and doing what has to be done to help her... even if it scares the beejeesus out of you.

Glad Eva didn't cry much!

Hope you have a better week and looking forward to reading about your progress ;)