Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 14, 2013

4 months!


Eva, you are 4 months old today!!!!



*You are somewhere around 15 lbs. Your appointment is not for a couple of weeks, but this was what our scales at home say. I have no idea on length, but you are long. No doubt about that. You wear 3-6 months in everything but footed sleepers and you are in a 6 months in those for length. You wear a size 2 diaper. I bought you some 3-6 month shoes for Easter and they swallowed your tiny feet, so you won't be wearing those for a few more months. Both of my girls have tiny feet for their age and I have no idea how, because I wear a 10 and my husband wears an 11.5!

*You have lost most of the hair you started out with, but what's left is dark brown. I think your hair will be darker than your sisters, but who knows? Your eyes are still bright gorgeous blue. Your sister's were too until about 6 or 7 months and then they turned into a pretty green color. You have a big toothless smile and I love to see it!

*You have been such a happy little thing all this time, but this week has taken another turn, lol. We went to a birthday party this past weekend and you screamed the entire time. Seriously, for like an hour. I know you were having some gas issues so I'm sure that combined with the noise of 7 kids running around and screaming just flipped you out. And then yesterday your Daddy and I left you and Isabel with your grandparents for a date night and we were late leaving because you would not stop screaming for anyone but me. Goodness. Momma's girl perhaps?

*You still sleep great. Go down about 9 p.m. and *most nights* sleep until about 7 a.m. A couple of nights this week you have woken up around 1:30 a.m., taken a bottle and went right back to sleep. I think we have hit the mark for where you need more than just milk to keep you full. The past few days I have given you some cereal in your night bottle and then today we gave you a few bites of sweet potatoes for the first time. I think you like the taste, but you kept spitting part of it out just because you don't have that eating from a spoon thing figured out yet. :) You'll get there.
Other than that you eat about five, 5-6 oz bottles a day.

*You started rolling from back to belly about 2 weeks ago. I cannot lay you down without you immediately flipping to your belly....and then fussing because you can't get flipped back over. Haha. You haven't mastered belly to back yet. You have started to really like holding on to stuff like your taggie, toys, blankets, my hair!!!!!....etc. You like to cram stuff in your mouth--especially your thumb!!! You're just so-so about a paci, but you will trade one for your thumb any day!

*You have started to "talk" quite a bit. It's more like a shrill squeal and some growling, but you are smiling while doing it. :) So.dang.cute. You also have the funniest little laugh. You have started laughing quite a bit the past few weeks. And you are so ticklish!!!

*You love baths! Love them! So funny to watch you kick your legs and splash.

It's been an amazing 4 months with you in our lives, baby girl. Can't believe I get to keep you forever! :)

Edit: At your appointment you weighed 15.0 lbs and were 25 inches long. 70%tile on both. :)

No comments: