Yesterday was my 5th 5k ever. 3rd for 2013. It was at Chaffee and I liked the course but it was hilly! I knew of one little hill at the beginning....yeah I didn't know about the FOREVER hill after Mile 2. Nevertheless I did a little walking and still finished with my 2nd fastest time ever. 30:14. Which is a little frustrating because had I not walked, I probably would have set a new PR and on a hilly course at that! I won 1st place in my age group and yes there actually were other people in my age group. :) The thing about races is that most usually people get faster the older they get. How crazy is that?!?! My group 21-29 was slower overall than the 30-39's. And it seems to be that way most of the time. I don't have it figured out but I need to speed up before that next big birthday!!!!
I was going to take off for July as far as races go, but now I think I have found one in Greenwood that I am going to do on the 4th. I haven't officially signed up, but I'm working on it. And then in August is the Color Vibe and I am (and have been for awhile) registered for that one.
I have plans to start back on the 30 Day Shred tomorrow, to continue my running and to start counting my calories again and I HOPE to drop 10# before the 8th of next month to make up for not getting anywhere this month. Maybe saying that on the worldwide web will kick me in gear!!!! Wish me luck!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment