Isabel has been 2 for over a month now. There are so many things that I didn't put in her 2 year post that I want to try to remember and I know that even still I won't remember everything as I am typing this. She is a feisty little thing that has everyone fooled! I constantly hear how sweet and good she is for other people and I am grateful for that. Honestly, she is really sweet & good for me about 80% of the time. Okay, 75%. haha
She is the typical toddler, or what I think the typical toddler is like--persistent, temperamental, stubborn, ornery and she is also loving and hilarious. That kid always keeps me laughing. I love her more than life.
Some things that she's been doing lately: I can say "I love you" and she says "Love you too!!!" It's always energetic and so sweet sounding. She loves to sing. She's been singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Old MacDonald's Farm for quite some time and just recently has started singing Funky Town. LOL--I might be the one responsible for that. It is SO cute! When she says "talk about it, talk about it...." she for some reason develops an English accent so it's like "talk aboot it, talk aboot it".
She is potty training and so she sits on the potty and yells "BIG GIRL, GOOD JOB, SUCKER!" whether she has actually gone to the potty or not. Haha.
She loves to be outside and begs to swing 100x a day, regardless of rain, wind, sleet, etc. Must.swing.now.zomg!!!!!
She loves to give kisses. She and I have this thing where she kisses both of my cheeks and then my mouth and then I spin her around in a circle real fast at the end. She LOVES this. I love it too. :)
She is her Daddy's sidekick and likes to help him work on stuff. She loves for anyone to read to her. Right now she is hung on "Kitty Book" which is Katie and the Kittens.
I started taking her to a MDO program on Wednesday mornings so that she can get more kid interaction and she seems to really like going. The ladies there always brag on how cute and funny she is.
She surprises me all of the time with things that she says. Sentences that I've never heard her say before or like the other day in the car I was listening to KLove and I could hear her "singing" in the back seat. But the one word that I could make out very clearly was "Jesus" and she was saying it at exactly the time it was being said on the radio. Heart melted. Mind blown.
She is so smart. My mom has always worked with kids and she is amazed at the things that Isabel knows as a 2 year old. Letters, counting to 10, some colors, some shapes. I can drive by a family member's house and she will start yelling their name....and then flipping out if we don't stop and "go inside!!!!"
She's adorable and wild and she keeps me on my toes. My cup runneth over.
This weekend my parents took her to the rodeo for the first time. We're not big cowboys at my house so while she does have a couple pairs of boots, she didn't have a hat. Crisis averted. Thanks Nanny & Pop!
Our family pictures came back, here are a few for those of you who don't see my page on facebook.
The funny ones are my favorites of course. I like to keep it real. And when I said I would show you a few, I clearly meant 19.
Other happenings: I *think* we're getting a pool. My husband just all of a sudden decided he wants one real bad so he has been working on that idea. We'll see how it goes. I'll tell you one thing, if we get a pool in our yard, I am returning my "mom swimsuit" and buying well....probably another mom suit, but this one won't have a skirt. YES! A skirt. Sad deal. I actually found some one pieces that I love that are skirt free, but I am rocking some pretty gorgeous stretch marks at the tops of my thighs that haven't had time to fade, so tankini and skirt it is...but the tags are still on until further notice. I'll keep you posted. Alllll of you. ;-)
My Eva is crawling. So I've got a wild toddler and a crawling baby. Both of my girls are high energy. Ask anyone. So if you see me in public and my eyes are crossed and I am all jittery and drooling it's because I am busy yo. Real, real busy just keeping electric cords out of one kid's mouth and making the other one get down off of the pool table 1 trillion times a day. Why do we have a pool table anyway?
Taking a kidless day trip to Mt. Magazine this weekend to watch my husband and some friends run the 15k straight up the mountain. I plan on eating good food and laying out in the sun while they're acting a fool.
I'm still running. My Mom started training for a 5k (did I tell you this already?) so I am doing training with her a few times a week and then fitting in my own runs a couple times a week. I have another 5k next weekend and I really want to PR. Fingers crossed!
I think you're all caught up.
Happy Summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I think a pool is a GREAT IDEA!! I vote you put it in next week and then my big ol' pregnant self can live in it this summer! Sounds perfect!
Just now saw this...not sure where I've been. Your kids are adorable and I need to see them soon. I vote "yes" on the pool. We will even come help make sure it's put to good use. Don't knock the skirt...I've been sporting those bad boys for a few years now & I doubt I'm going back to anything else anytime soon. =)
Post a Comment