Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 22, 2013

9 months!!!


Eva you are 9 months old!!! (8/14/13)
You turned 9 months and then the very next day your Dad and I went on a trip so I am late with this update, BUT the picture is right on time. I promise! :)

*You weighed 18.5 at the doctor's office a few weeks ago. I would guess 19-ish right now. You have your 9 month checkup next week and I'll know for sure. You wear 9 months and 12 months clothes. No idea on shoe size but we're about to have to figure that out for Fall because you are about to start walking sister!

*You are pulling up and standing and then letting go. You push things all over the living room, while walking behind them. I keep thinking that any second you're just going to let go and take off walking down the hallway. I am SO GLAD that you decided not to do this until we got back from vacation because I would have been super sad to miss it.

*You have 2 bottom teeth still but just in the past couple of days I have started to feel one of your top front teeth trying to poke through. Your eyes are still BRIGHT blue. I don't think they're changing. And that hair keeps getting blonder and blonder. Other than your mouth, you look nothing like me! You're beautiful. I have so many strangers stop me to tell me that and also to talk about your eye color.

*You sleep well most nights. You still have off nights and even on the good ones you're likely to wake up once. Maybe once a week you'll sleep all the way through the night without waking up at all. You still cry for a bottle about 2 a.m. most of the time. You normally take about two, 1 hour naps a day. Sometimes they'll last a little longer than that.

*You are such a happy baby. You are always ALWAYS smiling. You've been saying "mama" & "dada" for awhile but now you'll repeat "uh oh" except that you just do the first part "UH" every single time. It's pretty cute. Your grandparents got you to say "bye bye" while we were gone and I've heard you do it a couple of times now. You are a talker and have been since day 1. You jabber all day long. ESPECIALLY when you're fighting sleep.

*You don't care for any of your baby toys, you'd much rather play with (and eat) household items. Electric cords, the alarm clock, and shoes are your top 3 favorites. You will put ANYTHING in your mouth. I am on guard 24/7. I literally just now got up and removed some paper from your mouth. Big sister is not much help because she just gives you stuff.

*You have started eating more table foods and less baby food. You like to pick things up and eat them rather than be fed with a spoon. I am still either giving you cereal in your bottle in the morning or feeding you a baby food mix of fruit and cereal. You usually don't want much "food" for lunch but I try to get you to eat some peas or carrots or green beans and some puffs or Mum Mums and a bottle. At night I try to give you a meat/veg/fruit variety. I'm still trying to work out the kinks in the baby food-table food conversion. You only have 2 teeth after all. :)

I am just in shock that I am considering what I want to do for your first birthday. I feel like the baby phase is just WAY TOO SHORT and I am just thankful that I get to be home with you and sister so that I don't miss any of it. You're such a sweetie and we love you very much little girl.


No comments: