This past week, the owner of our company passed away from P.arkinson's Disease. He had retired a few years ago and his son runs the company now. We had the funeral on Friday and our office was closed. There were SO many people at the funeral, which happened to be my first C.atholic funeral ever and man oh man was it long. People had a lot of great things to say about this man and although I didn't know him very well, I feel honored to work for his company. After the funeral there was a Celebration of Life party and there were a ton of people at that too. I had heels on and they had one mission: to kill me, so I left after that and went home.
Cleaned house and took a nap with Pedro. :)
Saturday--my cousin brought her 4 year old little girl,R, and 1 year old little boy, G, and I kept them all day and they spent the night with me and stayed until 3pm yesterday. Hub worked all weekend, so it was just me wrangling the two of them in which I OBVIOUSLY have no experience with--but we went swimming at Mom's and had a blast. (and she helped me "wrangle" them) They are the best behaved kids that I have been around and even though the little one is into everything right now--he is so cute that you can't stop looking at him. Or I couldn't anyway.... :)
After R&G left I had to scramble around to get my house back in order and take a shower so that I could go shopping for my niece's and nephew's birthday party. My SIL made the most ginormous B.uzz L.ightyear space shuttle cake and kids were all sugared up and running around. And then because cooking was out of the question, hub took me out for M.exican food. Great ending to a great weekend.
Today: My poor sweet dog, Tater has been having some issues this week and we could not figure out what in the world was going on. Every time I would go outside his head would be bleeding and then hair started to fall out. I thought maybe he and Harley had been scrapping it up but Harley had no marks on him at all. Then I have noticed him looking thinner and even throwing up over the weekend. Saddest thing ever--Saturday I heard him howling and when I went outside to check on him he basically tackled me and starting rubbing his head on my leg like it was itching/hurting really bad, and he COVERED me in blood. It was running down his face. I freaked out a little and so hub took him to the vet this morning to see what is up. Hub just called me to let me know that the vet said he was having an allergic reaction to some seed tick bites (we have seen very few ticks at all this year) and that he had a hot spot on his head that he has scratched it until basically it is down to the meat. (gross, but idk how else to describe it) SO--let's just say Tater is taking a drug induced nap right now while they are shaving his head. Bless his heart. Oh and he is down to 86 pounds. (previously weighed 95 lbs) I think a certain dog will be getting babied quite a bit this week.
And that's all I have for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh no. I am so sorry about your company's owner. And about Tater! That's awful. I hope he feels better soon. That pup is going to get a lot of love over the coming days. :)
Sounds like you had a busy, but great weekend.
Poor puppy! I hope he gets to feeling better soon!
Poor doggy...my thoughts are with him. I hope he's having wonderful doggy drams of bacon right now!
Post a Comment