Okay, I have actually been back since Monday. I had a lot of people check up on me because they knew I was dreading going back, but thus far it hasn't been *too* bad. For one, Isabel is staying with my Mom on the days my husband works and with him on the days he is off, (he works 2 days on 2 days off) so I haven't had to deal with a daycare type situation.
And from here on out this post gets pretty random:
I have had a ton of people ask me what we are going to "call" Isabel. Ummm, I am pretty sure we will call her by her name. lol
Why is it that everyone thinks that she needs a nickname or a shorter version of Isabel? It's not like I named her Supercalifragalisticexpialladocious....in which I would probably call her, Super...because who doesn't want to be called that?
It's HOT outside. Like 90's all last week and this week. But you won't get any complaints from me because I was sick.to.death of the rain. Bring on the heat baby, I LOVE Summer! Now I just have to find a turtleneck, ankle length swimsuit for this lovely post-baby body of mine. But that's a whole other post.
My husband is training for the Pike's Peak Marathon. This isn't his first marathon, but this is his first to train for with a wife working full time and an infant at home. OH man....
Last but not least, having a baby makes you pretty popular at Wal.Mart. Never in my life have I had the urge to walk up to a complete stranger, touch their baby, and make weird noises. I would kinda like it if that was a mutual thing. Yes, my baby is cute...I won't deny it, but no touchey. I don't know where your hands have been and if I did, I probably wouldn't like it. I also do not want you to ask me if I am breast.feeding. I really don't see how it pertains to you. lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
This post makes me laugh. why the heck would you ask a random stranger if she is breast feeding...? That is weird to me!
Also tell the random people to back away from the baby!
Love you!
"Welcome" back to work - and blogging. :) That's too funny about the "what are you going to call her?" question. What do people THINK you are going to call her?
Welcome back! Glad the transition has not been too hard for you.
I think when people ask what you are going to call her you should respond with a "bob" or "jerry" something random!
Explanation of the "what are you going to call her?" (like you don't already know)... Everyone has nicknames now... People asked me with Sam what we were going to call him. And honestly, "Little Shit" is what we tend to go with LOL. But not many people named Elizabeth or Isabel or Madeline... you see where I"m going... go by their full name. It is Izzy or Bella or Bell or Little Shit. :-)
Tell people to stop touching her. I did. I was that bitchy mom. But I was that bitchy pregnant lady too who touched people back so maybe you aren't ready for that.
If they ask you if you breast feed, as them if they do monthly breast/testicular exams. It'll be funny.
Longest. Comment. Ever.
Post a Comment