
My sweet, tiny baby turned 2 yesterday!
Today was her 2 year checkup. She weighs a whopping 25 lbs and is 33 inches long. 25% tile on both. My petite little girl. She wears size 18-24 months in clothes and a size 5.5 shoe, which is impossible to find, so we buy 6 and that is close enough! :) Size 4 diaper and size 2t in panties. Yes, we have tackled potty training! So far it's going pretty well I think. I can sit her on the potty any time of the day and she will pee. She strains real hard and makes it happen so she can have a sucker! Haha! She will also pee pee in the potty at my parents' house, but she is not to the point where she will tell me when she needs to go so when I put her in panties they last about 17 minutes before I get to clean up a mess, but hey--we'll get there! We get very excited for pee pees in the potty around here! Ha!
She takes one nap a day and it is normally around noon or so (if we're home) and usually lasts around 2 hours. She goes to bed at 8:30 p.m. and usually wakes up around 7:30 a.m.--most nights without a peep, but once or twice a week we will have off nights where she wakes up a couple of times and I go pick her up and hold her for like 2 minutes and she goes back to sleep.
Eating (or lack thereof): I've heard of the 2 year eating slump and I guess we're there. Actually we've been there for a few months. My kid loves to snack. I can usually get her to sit down and have breakfast in the morning (oatmeal, toast, cereal bars, pop tarts, pancakes, something of that nature) and course she has her morning cup of milk. I usually give her a mid-morning snack that can be anything from string cheese or yogurt to goldfish crackers or raisins. Snacking is her favorite. Lunch is iffy. Normally she is napping during the normal lunch time so she doesn't attempt lunch until around 2 pm or so. This seems to be the hardest time to get her to eat anything. She has just woke up and she wants to play. She cannot be bothered with food! So she usually snacks some more, whatever she can eat on the go that is halfway healthy and then she eats dinner with Daddy when he gets home and by eating dinner I mean takes 3 bites of whatever I put on her plate and then wants "down...play!" or "down, take bath!!!". I asked her doctor about her not eating and just all around tiny-ness and he said she is healthy and acting like a normal toddler. It does help that she drinks a TON of whole milk. I don't limit it at all, I just try to squeeze some water in whenever I can. Occasionally I will mix Carnation Instant Breakfast in with her milk for extra nutrition and it makes me feel like a good parent. ;)
Favorites: Being outside alllll of the time, swinging, riding the 4-wheeler with Daddy or me, playing in the dirt or water or BOTH, bathtime, "watch Elmo", "watch Dragons" (How to Train Your Dragon), raisins (I hear this request 72 times a day), her flash cards that have colors, numbers, & shapes on them, coloring, reading books, writing with an ink pen, marker, chalk...whatever she can get her hands on, "butter" (peanut butter), playing in my makeup, running, singing, "BAR!" (NutraGrain bar), Pop Tarts (wish I had never introduced her to them)
Not favorites: teeth brushing, sitting still for more than 5 seconds at a time, being told no about anything, coming inside our house after playing outside, the electric can opener, the vaccuum, the blender ZOMG!!!!
She is talking so much. Just in the past couple of months it is starting to become more like short sentences and not just one word phrases. There is still jibberish and I hope that sticks around for a while longer because it makes me happy, but about 90% of the time I know exactly what she is saying and she knows exactly what I am saying, even if she is choosing to pretend like she doesn't. :)
There are entirely too many words to list but some of my fave phrases: "in there"...examples: milk in there, blankie in there, Daddy in there....except it sounds like "in derr" so it's 4 trillion times cuter than I can type it. She also says "Daddy at work", "Momma's car", "Ssshhh Eva", "baby suck bottle", lots lots more! My little genius! ;)
Speaking of, she knows all 26 letters of the alphabet (even when out of order)and can recognize them and tell me what sound they make and a word that starts with that sound. Not joking. She has been doing this for a few months actually. I would like to take credit for that, but she learned it from a Leap Frog video. True story.
She knows how to say several colors and shapes and can identify a few of each. She can count to 5. She just amazes me all of the time with little things she picks up on.
She sings "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" but it goes like this..."Tinkle Tinkle Tinkle Starrrrrrr" She skips the next verse and then it goes "Apple Apple Apple High" (up above the world so high) and that's the end. Haha.
She also sings parts of "Old McDonald". She sings "EIEIO" in all of the right places and says "Moo Moo derr, Moo Moo derr" and "Donald Donald Donald!!!!" Sigh. So stinking cute.
I have rambled a lot. To sum it up, my kid turned 2 way too fast and I am crazy about her and she is just a healthy, happy, spoiled rotten little girl and I am so thankful to God that he allowed me to be her Mom.









1 comment:
Man, the cuteness is just OOZING out of this post.
My son discovered Garfield and Friends, and Rescue Bots (shoot me now) and is much too cool for the LeapFrog videos anymore.
Sad day.
And that last pictures captures Isabel. I love it!
Post a Comment