Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 29, 2013

13 months and 32 months!!

Just an update on my girls. I haven't posted about Isabel in a while and holy moly there is so much I could say...



My big 2.5 year old. She has changed so much! She's a talker and says the funniest things. Today just out of the blue she told me that her Pop was bringing her M&M's for Christmas. Everything she says is followed with Mama or Daddy. She tacks our names on to everything! She never sits still, EXCEPT to watch Daniel Tiger. That girl LOVES her some Daniel Tiger right now and Momma can pretty much recite every word from every episode. She also loves Lalaloopsy and Santa hooked her up pretty well in that area too.

She got a big girl bed this week. As in a full size bed and she looks so tiny in that thing, but she loves it.


Stats: 28 lbs.  Not sure on height but lately she looks so long and lanky. Wears a size 2t, (easing into a size 3t for length although they are HUGE in the waist) size 7 shoe. Potty trained by day and size 4 diaper by night!

She loves to watch tv (we're about to start cutting that back down a bit), playing outside, taking baths, pretending, building "castles" with blocks, coloring, reading. She got a giant Mr. Potato Head that is filled with several little potato heads and she loves playing with those too. She loves to go shopping with me and say things like "Oh Momma that is SO cute!" about things like bras and paper towels. Haha! :) She also loves going to storytime at the library and going to Mothers Day Out once a week, even though she has been crying when I drop her off the past few times, the ladies tell me she is over it really quick and is always happy and playing when I pick her up. She always yells "Bye Grandmas!" when we leave. :)

Food: Barely eats. Haha. I know she is a toddler and this is just what some toddlers do, but some days I wonder how the kid keeps up her energy. She will drink and drink and drink the milk though. And juice when I let her have that. Foods that she does like are: grilled cheese, cheese of any kind, peanut butter, fruit snacks, crackers, green beans, tomatoes, cottage cheese, grapes, hot dogs, pasta, mac n cheese, pancakes, raisins, fig newtons, marshmallows, chocolate of any kind, or basically anything with loads of sugar in it. (just like her Momma)

Dislikes: hand dryers in public restrooms,  the vaccuum cleaner, for her sister to touch her toys
She has been in a clingy phase the past month or so and just wants her Momma allll the time. If a stranger DARE tells her she is cute she will straight flip out on them. Gotta love the Terrible Twos! 

She knows how to recognize all of her letters, say her ABC's, spell her name (by saying it), count to 20, sing many songs. She has learned a nighttime prayer that is the most adorable thing ever to hear. 

She is sweet and will tell us that she loves us, or that we are "so cute", or pretty. At night I tell her to sleep good and I'll see her in the morning and she'll say "you sleep good too Momma".

She loves her baby sister just so long as she gets to be the boss.

I hate to jinx it, but I think after 8 short months of working at it, bless our hearts, she is about 99% potty trained! Like I mentioned above, she still sleeps in diapers.

All in all, we have a beautiful, rambunctious, healthy, strong-willed little girl and I'm just shocked at how fast she learns things and how smart she is.






And for this girl:







She is now and probably will always be my little wild child. I think it's funny how I used to think that Isabel was just high energy and in to everything (and she was), but this little girl came along and blew that title out of the water. Such a hot little mess! She started walking the day after she turned 10 months old and about 3 days later was RUNNING and has been ever since. Not joking. My Mom talks about how she never just toddled around like a baby learning to walk, she just didn't walk and then BAM she ran. Like Forrest Gump. ;)
She talks all of the time. Can repeat just about any word you say. She is seriously more like an 18 month old than a 13 month old when it comes to her speech and her coordination. Not to be confused with being graceful...she almost always has a bruise or a scrape on her head, somewhere.
Every time I leave her in the nursery at church, or at MDO, or even if I just have her in a public place somebody WILL comment about how active she is. I have to thank her though, she is the reason that I have not gained any weight through the holidays even though I've been eating for 12! She keeps me busy! My cardio plan!

Stats: Weighs between 21 and 22 lbs. Wears a size 12 months in most things but we've bought 18 months in some tops (for length). Size 4 in most shoes, but we have a couple of 5's. Size 3 diaper. She has a really long waist and short little legs. She is starting to slim up and it makes me sad that my chubby baby is turning into a big girl!

She has such a comical personality. She makes the funniest little faces and noises and loves for people to say Hi to her or talk to her in public.

Words she can say without being prompted: Hi, Bye, Momma, Dada, Sissy, Puppy, Baby, Uh oh, Ouch, Wow, Night Night, Bite, Pappaw, Cheese (for the camera)...I'm sure there are more. But like I mentioned above she will repeat ANY word, big or small.

She loves food and being outside! Those are her 2 favorite things. Some of her favorite foods are squeeze applesauces, peanut butter crackers, peas, carrots, green beans, bananas, pancakes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce (just found this out over the holidays), bread, hot dogs, cheese puffs. 

She thinks big sister is hilarous! Loves to give hugs and kisses! Loves to make ginormous messes!!!

I could have never known how perfect of an addition you would be to our family Eva Jasmine. You keep us laughing and on our toes all of the time! I feel like you're growing up too fast and it doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. 

We love both of our girls so much and are thankful for them!!!

 

2 comments:

*Jessica said...

They are growing so fast! Love the big girl bed =)

Jodi said...

Sweet baby girls!!