Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

My Childhood

I totally stole this from PCOS Chick. I think sometimes we get so caught up in the whole 'trying to make the baby' process that we don't get to think about what will happen if we actually do. Of course we all want to be able to give our children/future children a great childhood...and so here is a little about my own.

  • Where/when you born? December of 1983, in Arkansas.
  • Were you born first, second, etc.? I am the oldest of 2. I have one sister that is 4 years younger than me.
  • What was your first pet? The first ones that I can remember (not sure what order, or maybe I had them all at once) were Mandy (German Shepard), Jake (Mutt), Mom's cranky (Pekingese) Teesha, and a bird named Jonesy.
  • What were you for your first Halloween? I have no idea, but I know that I dressed up as Alf one time when I was just a little tot, because I have seen the pictures.
  • Was there a gift you really wanted for Christmas that you never received? Not that I can think of, we pretty much made out like bandits for Christmas. I am still waiting on my 4-door Jeep Wrangler though. (Mom)
  • Did you have any imaginary friends? I don't think so....
  • What were your favorite books? I loved pretty much any book, but I think Charlotte's Web has always been a favorite. And I used to love The Babysitters Club, and R.L. Stine books when I was pre-teeny.
  • What did you wanna be when you grew up? I wanted to be a veterinarian. As I got older I decided that was too much school.
  • Favorite after-school, never-missed shows? I can't remember. Except that around Christmas time I RELIGIOUSLY watched The Santa Show. I know that my sister and I also really, really liked the Dinosaur show...where the baby always said "Not the Mama". haha
  • What was your favorite toy? I had a whole mess of Barbies, but I played softball from age 4 until now...so I mostly liked my softball stuff. Oh and I can remember liking Cabbage Patch dolls . And Lincoln Logs at my Grandparent's house.
  • What was your first best friend's name? The first one was Latasha. But the one that stuck the longest is Jessie. (since 3rd grade)
  • Broken any bones or had any freaky accidents as a kid? It would be quicker to list accidents that I didn't have. My nickname was Crash, if that tells you anything. Nothing too serious though. A broken arm. Stitches in the head. Road rash...those kinds of things. Oh and a nasty black eye that lasted for.ev.er.
  • Did you play house or pretend to be a super hero? I think I played house with my sister and cousins.
  • Were you romantically involved with someone as a pre-teen? Haha, yeah...middle school was my prime. :)
  • Did you get along with your parents growing up? Mostly. I was a teenager there for a while, so I think it was a little rough...but we're good now.
  • Were you involved in any extra-curricular activities? If so, what? Softball to the extreme. Traveling all Summer long and at a different tournament every weekend, not to mention game and practice nights. It was good times.
  • What was the first record, tape or CD you remember buying? I can't remember the first cassette I had, although I had several. Maybe New Kids on the Block??? But I can for sure remember that my first cd was Hanson. lol
  • Did you ever fall in love with someone in high school? Well yes actually...and I married him. :) Well, I didn't marry him in high school...but a couple years later.
  • Did you enjoy your childhood? Yes--it was a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New Kids on the Block was my first cassette, too. Oh, and Hanson... I used to be obsessed!

Melody said...

I just read your comment on the Pifer's blog. I agree with you that the 2 blondes on BB are RUINING all of us Arkansan's reputations. We are not all hicks with BAD accents! Oh well. Also, I just read part of your blog, My husband and I struggled for 17 months to have a baby and now are working on number 2. I realize 17 months isn't very long after reading some of the rest of your blogs but I do belive God gives us the desires of our heart. I hope to hear from you :)