Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Delete, Delete, Delete

I wasn't going to post again for awhile. I don't want to be a post junkie, especially when I don't have too much to talk about, but I decided to delete the 2,722 messages from my inbox and well....it told me that I have about 24 more minutes to go. So what else am I supposed to do? :)

2 things that I want to talk about:
1) Friday night I went to a Seventh Day Slumber concert with my Mom and my hub. I have seen them a few times and they are always wonderful. The lead singer, Joseph has SUCH a testimony. You should Google his story if you too, are cleaning out your inbox...
Anyway, every SSD concert that I have been to, they have talked about Project Compassion. This is where you can sponsor a child in need. I think God has laid it upon my heart that this is something I want to do, more than once and we just keep putting it off. Well, Friday we decided to go ahead and we "adopted" (sponsored) a little El Salvadorian boy named Hector. He will be 8 this September. We ended up being pretty excited about it and I am already planning what I want to get him for his birthday! He is such a cute little guy.

2) Lately I feel like I complain a lot. Normally I am an optimistic person sometimes probably to a fault, but IF has made me try to be more realistic about things so that they don't affect me so much when they go wrong. The problem is that being realistic and being pessimistic are 2 different things, and I never want to become one of those people that you dread talking to because they sound like Eeyore about life. Everyone's got problems...you deal as best you can and you move on. I am going to stop being such a whiner, especially because I am so blessed and have so much to be thankful for.
So--my IVF cycle got pushed back a month, and that sucked....but what good can come from it? #1 Finals are this week, meaning that if everything goes as planned with my May cycle...I won't have to worry about all of the classes I am missing to make that 2 hour drive to the fertility clinic.
#2 When we learned that we were going to do IVF, I ended up having to tell some co-workers because I had to take off work so much. I was planning to miss several days in April and I had those few co-workers coming by every day and asking me how things were going. Something about this bugged me. Yes, I am grateful that they cared enough to ask (especially the owner of my company), but this is something that is private and there are a lot of risks to having everyone knowing your business when your business is IVF. If it doesn't work, that will be rough and I don't want a million people asking me what the results are and then the looks of sympathy when I tell them that things did not go well. I just want some secrecy, even if it works. I want to be able to pick and choose who finds out and when, and with IVF you don't really get that option if people know exactly what day the implantation occurs. SO...the point? The point is that this way I can hopefully have some more secrecy since people know that it will be a while before I have anything to report. I think I am going to play dumb for these first few appointments, like I don't know what they are going to do to me when I get there! Ha!

Off to school. Counting down the seconds until finals are over.....

No comments: