Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The one where the caffiene kicked in...

I've been waiting about 30 minutes for a fax to go through and I can't possibly move on to the next thing until that happens, haha--so I am blogging just some random thoughts.

See that virtual baby thing to the right --> I think it would be a lot more realistic if that particular baby was doing a tap dance on a bladder. You look at her and she is just sleeping and floating around when it reality THAT ISN'T WHAT SHE IS DOING AT ALL! I'm not complaining--for real, because when she stops moving it starts to worry me. But omg, I either need her to move on up to my actual belly and out of my no-no area or I need to have a procedure to re-locate my bladder or there will be a diaper in my near future...and not a baby sized one...a great big one. Huge even.

Where we're at on the nursery......I want to take some "before" pictures and post them, not for you necessarily, but for me because I think it will be neat to see the work we've done at the end. Anyway, we have the bedding, the crib, and a bassinet. My Mom has literally gone nuts with decorative things and hair bows so we have lots of that too. And clothes, because well....I like to shop. And so does my mother and sister and MIL and SIL and my besties and so on and so forth. But the bows and clothes have nothing to do with the nursery, so I will get back to that. My husband is re-furbishing an antique dresser for the room because we have it and it's perfect sized. I am calling it antique because honestly, I don't know where the H it came from...it came with the husband almost 7 years ago....that's antique enough :)
I decided a long time ago that I didn't want a changing table, because I want the baby dresser to convert to a little kid dresser and I also didn't think I would use the changing table that much.
I feel like I am rambling, but originally we were going to paint the nursery a light purple and now we have decided to go with a more neutral light tan instead and accent with purple. Purple bedding, purple wall things, you get my drift.
My husband is either trying to mess with me majorly or he truly isn't convinced that she's a girl. Somebody at his work told him the story of the "girl" who turned out to be a boy at birth and since then he has wanted to neutral up the major things...like wall colors and furniture....just in case. Haha.

Okay okay, so what's left to get? EVERYTHING. I am starting to get a little panicky about it even though I have (supposedly) until April to get it figured out. At the same time I am holding off on buying anything else, because I want to see what the baby shower will bring and then go from there.

I think I hear the fax machine. Apparently sending a fax from Arkansas to Colorado today just isn't possible.

5 comments:

T said...

The snow must be affecting the fax lines too :O) Lordy, I almost spit out my drink when I read your comment about bench pressing me! Wouldn't that be a site to see!

I cannot wait to see pics of the nursery! Do you have a name yet? Sorry, I have been falling behind on blogs! You do not have to share it. I am just wondering if I am the only one having serious issues coming up with a name!

Laci said...

The pictures would be for as much my enjoyment as yours, so post them NOW! KTHXBI :)

AL said...

well, you are much farther than we are on the nursery! It sounds like you have a lot of the essentials done, which is awesome. You will get so much at your shower and then have time to shop afterwards.

It's crazy how fast it's coming now, isn't it? And at the same time it feels so far away.

LF said...

I can't wait to see the little princess! :-) YAY for pink!

LF said...

lol or PURPLE!