Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Official Pregnancy Announcement

Yep--you read that right, after 4 years and 2 months of trying...we are pregnant. 8 weeks, and 2 days to be exact. Due April 17th.
I have been tracking the whole thing and just not posting, so today...I will post if you are interested in seeing what the past few months have been like. To make a long story short...we didn't tell anyone that we were doing the FET this time around, therefore the pregnancy announcement came as a pretty big shocker to everyone...which made it worthwhile. It's still early...I'm still nervous but here you go....

June 10th--Found out that IVF #1 was a bust.
June 12th--Started period.
June 14th--Called clinic. Was able to squeeze into a July FET schedule, although originally they told me I would have to wait until August at the earliest. Began birth control.
June 27th--Began 10 IU's of Lupron injections to the stomach, once daily.
June 28th--Took last birth control pill.
July 1st--Lupron thoughts: Why do I have to have a headache 24/7 and how fat will I get before I finally stop eating chocolate?
July 2nd--Worst headache yet. Seriously, I still have several days on Lupron, not sure how to get the headache in check. Also I have a staph infection (again) and not sure if I can mix antibiotics with Lupron. Patiently (not at all patiently) waiting for nurse to call me back.
July 6th--Went to work 3 hours late because my headache was making me dizzy. Seriously tired of feeling like crap. Lupron is the devil. Started baby aspirin today and lowered my Lupron dosage by 5 units.
July 7th--Getting fatter by the second. Better grease the doorways so I don't get stuck. BLAH.
July 8th--Started estrogen patches, morning cocktail now consists of patches, Lupron shot, Baby Aspirin, Tylenol, and Prenatals. Try rushing out the door for work...not possible. I am cranky.
July 13th-I never get sick. I never have any sort of health issues--I have a pretty strong immune system, BUT...since I have been on this round of medicine I have had a staph infection (twice) and now a ring worm. GROSS. There is a fungus among us. And I have cut out caffeine again...oh my, my mood is delightful.
July 14th-No headache today so far! But, I woke up 30 minutes before I had to leave my house and so I look like a hot mess and my legs aren't shaved...but I did take the required 10 minutes to drug myself. I'm up to 3 Estrogen Patches now--getting closer to ultrasound day.
July 15th-Oh I have officially lost it. I melted husband's water bottle cap in the dishwasher and cried because I thought he would be mad at me. Felt weepy all day over it. I.am.a.nutcase. Honestly, I think my hatefulness comes from the Lupron but the emotional issues are estrogen patch related. I am about to upgrade to 4 of those suckers. I will probably just sit around and bawl all day. lol
July 16th-No headache. No moodiness. Yay. Must be Friday.
July 21st-Ultrasound and bloodwork today. Everything looks "perfect" (I've heard this before). "Beautiful 3-layer lining"..dun dun dun, Transfer in 1 week. (July 28th) Fingers crossed, but not allowing myself to actually believe it's going to work.
July 26th-Drug cocktail consists of MORNING: 2 prenatals, 1 Doxcycyclene, 1 Medrol, 1 Baby Asprin, 4 Vivelle Patches, NIGHT: 1 Doxy, 1 Medrol, 1 progesterone shot of 2ML (that is a massive amt of progesterone oil) to the butt. Vivelle Patches are a pain in the arss to get removed from your body. Sticky crap everywhere and I am scrubbing my skin raw with baby oil. Despite the whining, I actually feel pretty decent.
July 29th--Transfer was yesterday. Transfer of 3 "great looking" embryos. Doc felt good about it--but different doctor felt good about it last time too. Trying to stay chilled out. At least I will have results before we leave for vacay.
July 30th--2dpET, I feel nothing. Just tired. Like 12 hours of sleep is just not enough. Chalking it up to the PIO's.
July 31st
-- 3dpET, Tonight's PIO SUCKED!!!!! I numbed for an hour like usual, but there was nothing numb about that 1 1/2 inches of needle jabbed right in my carcass! Between this FET and the last IVF, I have taken about 25 of these things and this was by far the most horrible. Wah.
And also--I went to bed at midnight last night, woke up at 9 this morning (way late), took a nap from 11-12, another nap from 3-4 and dozed off briefly from about 7:30-8. Also I have eaten at least 7 meals today...not a single healthy one. Here's the thing...if I am not pregnant, I have a LOT of work to do on this formerly in-shape body. I.am.chubby.
Aug 3rd--6dpET. The past 2 days I have woke up sick to my stomach from hunger...not nausea, just extreme hunger. I'm hungry all day long no matter what I eat. And I am oh.so.tired. It's all I can do to make it through the day. The problem is that this could be from progesterone as much as it could be pregnancy. Nothing is sure, except this...my PIO shot made me cry last night. Tears streaming down the face while my hub apologized. It was bad. I can't figure out if I have become immune to the Lidocaine/Prilocaine stuff or what. It's not working and my butt looks like someone used it for a punching bag. It feels that way too.
Aug 4th--7dpET Cramping, lots of it. Not like a normal menstrual cramp, more like a pulling in the lower abdomen...hard to explain. Have I mentioned that I absolutely will not POAS this time around. Last time, it just added more time of being sad and confused and trying to make myself believe a pee stick was wrong..well it wasn't.
Aug 5th--8dpET. STILL CRAMPING wicked bad. I'm not sure what to think and I have Googled myself stupid.
Aug 9th-- Also known as 8-9-10. MY FIRST BETA: 683, HOLY CRAP I AM PREGNANT!!!!! (12dp transfer)
Aug 10th--It's all very surreal right now. If I think about it I am very excited but then also scared because I am afraid I will jinx it. lol
I finally POAS just so I could once in my life look at a positive test...and there was a VERY dark second line. Yay! Hub and I have decided to wait until next month to tell anyone. I have a feeling this is going to be tough....
Aug 16th--Beta #2 7553 (19dp transfer)
Aug 17th--MY BUTT HURTS. Cannot wait to stop the PIO's. Holy cow!
Aug 25th--First ultrasound. We have one healthy baby with one healthy heartbeat. I was so nervous about this appointment. Had some spotting while on vacation, but doc says everything looks great. 3 more weeks of PIO's, 2 more visits to TFC, and I am released to my regular OB. Wow...everything is still surreal. Trying to figure out a cool way to announce to my family.
Sept 3--Ultrasound #2, everything still looks great. One more appointment before I am released to my OB and until I can stop the PIO's....I'm super excited about that part.
Sept 7--I have felt sick from the moment I opened my eyes this morning. Still not throwing up, but I think I would if I would just give in...haha.

10 comments:

AL said...

OMG! Congrats!!!!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Holy crap! How exciting. I can't believe you kept this a secret! Congrats!!!!

T said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! The cat is out og the bag. I am sure you have mixed emotions coming out, but hopefully mostly excited!

I am so very happy for you!!! Finally this is it for you!!!

Congrats Momma!

Tiffany said...

AMAZING!! I can't even tell you how excited I am for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! Soooo excited for you!! I can't believe you were able to keep this a secret for so long!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Congratulations, Ashley! I am so happy for you!!! What an amazing surprise. :)

Carrie said...

Okay, I just typed a really long comment and it disappeared!!! I am so so so happy for y'all! I've been praying for ya! and of course, I will keep it up! Congrats Momma!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.pi7.ru/zdorove/1709-dvuhletniy-malchik-brosil-kurit.html ]Приколы для взрослых ( [/url]
Подскажите, встречаюсь с мужчиной-Дева, звонит ежедневно, встречаемся пару раз в неделю, ощущаю, что нравлюсь ему, но его холодность как-то меня отпугивает. Не возьму в толк достаточно серьезно он ко мне или же нет? Эмоций ноль, дистанция с его стороны, а я хочу быть ближе. Как привести его к больше решительным воздействия, к нежным словам? Реально ускорить процесс или же ничего самой не предвоспринимать? Боюсь, что отношения так и замерзнут...Сама я РАК.

Katherine Josh said...

i've been drinking bird nest soup every night (i only get the homemade kind back at home). the only reason why i drink it is because it's supposed to be good for complexion.

i’ve been taking the store-bought kind online (e.g. www.geocities.jp/hongkong_bird_nest/index_e.htm of famous branded only of course) which is directly mailed from Hong Kong. this would be at a more affordable price.

Kaitlin said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! :)