Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thank you and cheesy stuff.

Thanks to everyone who congratulated us on something that I was pretty sure we'd never accomplish, and also that I am still paranoid that we will not accomplish...I know, I am an absolute nutcase. Anyway to sum it up--thank you. :)
So far everything is great, as you might've concluded from the novel I wrote in the last post. We have had 2 ultrasounds and heard a strong heartbeat both times. We have checked and double checked that there is only one baby in there, and on Monday I will have another ultrasound that will hopefully reassure us of all of those things all over again.
And now I am in a weird blogging state. I feel weird commenting on the pages of those who are still trying, and I feel weird commenting on the pages of those who are pregnant...because oddly I don't feel like I fit in either of these categories at the moment. It's still so early and I am still so paranoid that I am afraid to talk about pregnancy for fear I will "jinx" it--and I don't want to talk as if we are still trying because well that's not the case. I am so happy and at the same time feel as though nothing has changed. Pregnancy announcements still make me cringe. Hoping to get past that for the sanity of myself and others who know me. Sooner than later would be great!

And because I have been waiting a long time to do the cheesy pregnancy blog stuff...here you go...and don't think that for one second I would blame you for not reading:

How far along: 8 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain/loss: down 2, but so many were gained during the past 2 IVF's...that I am already dealing with the chubby factor.

Maternity clothes: not yet--I bought a bella band and one pair of maternity jeans, but I haven't worn either of them yet.

Stretch marks: nope

Sleep: I'm tired. Wicked tired, but it's not for lack of sleeping. I went to bed at 7:30 two nights ago. It was still daylight outside.

Best moment of the week: My best moments are always the ultrasounds. I dread them up until the moment that they happen and then I am happy to be reassured.

Food cravings/aversions: Craving Mexican food and Grilled Cheese sandwiches this week...maybe just cheese in general. Aversion to sweets, which is way weird. I can't find anything that I want to drink. I am thirsty, so I am drinking liquids like crazy, but none of them seem to be exactly what I want.

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Feeling normal, but NO COMPLAINTS here...the sickness is reassurance. I will take it.

What I am looking forward to: Stopping the PIO's!!! Hallelujah! 4 more to go....

Weekly wisdom: I don't have any...I'm still figuring this all out.

Symptoms: Queasiness pretty much on and off all day but ESPECIALLY in the mornings, fatigue, love/hate relationship with food.

5 comments:

Rikki said...

Here's some wisdom for you: When you are sleepy and can sleep... sleep. 1) You aren't sick when you are sleeping. 2) Once Junior Patillo gets here, you have to plan your naps around him and its inevitable that you aren't tired by the time you can take a nap. Or the laundry pile is overtaking the living room so you have to fold clothes instead.

T said...

Yeah, I am still battling with the commenting and where I fit in anymore. I have yet to put up a ticker or countdown until baby. It all just makes me nervous. So if you think you are a freak..just know I am right there with ya!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I need to be on your cravings diet. I love Mexican food, grilled cheese, and just cheese in general. If I ever get pregnant, I demand to have the same cravings!!! I am glad you are doing well. :)

Anonymous said...

I've loved cheese this whole pregnancy so I definitely hear you on that one! :) The pregnancy announcements get easier, but it's still hard for me to hear of those that seem to have it so easy and those that have kid after kid after kid. I still have days that I don't feel like a "normal" pregnant lady, but stopping the PIO shots definitely helped! :) Again, so happy for you! :)

LF said...

Ok!!!! Where the crap have I been??? I have had such a busy week and a half I haven't even gotten on here! Omgsh I'm so excited to hear your news! Soooooo excited congratulations!!!!!