I didn't post for Week 22 and Week 23 falls on my Birthday #27. Now you know what the numbers are about.
What's been going on? I passed my glucose test. My bp is still super low, so as far as pregnancy is concerned, everything seems to be going well for now. I am getting fatter. Inevitable, I know. And I don't want to be the girl who wanted to be pregnant for 4 years and then griped the whole time she was, because I hate that person. Soooo I will just say that I don't mind being pregnant; what I mind is maternity clothes. I always had this idea that when I got pregnant I would spend a fortune on cute maternity wear and be totally decked out in cuteness all of the time. But, as fate would have it...I would give my left lung for a pair of sweat pants right this second. Not just any sweat pants...BIG ONES. Big, huge, Arkansas Razorback sweatpants that are low enough to not touch my belly and still long enough to NOT look like high waters. I have this exact pair at home waiting on me like they do on most days of the week. My poor husband will probably burn them soon. As long as he can wait until after April, I can deal with that.
Back to my hatred of maternity clothes, let me explain. I am 5'8", which is not like freakishly tall, but tall enough that I have to wear a size LONG in most pants. When I first started to buy maternity clothes I bought 2 pairs of full panel jeans in a regular length because that's what I could find. Stupid. The full panel is made for short people, I'm convinced. It hits me mid-belly leaving two sausage-like rolls on top and below the waistband. So to remedy that, I pull them up higher....hello ankles. Grrrr. I have 2 new pairs of jeans on order that are a size long and that are also the kind with the band that sits below the belly. Fingers crossed that my mood improves when they come in.
I have also decided that I don't want to spend a fortune on clothing that (God willing) I will only be able to wear for a short time. I would rather spend that money on clothes to fit my tiny, small, skinny little self (dream big) after the baby is born. So it pains me to dish out the money on a ton of different types of maternity clothes. I did get lucky to know so many people with kids, because I have been loaned a lot of different tops....but because apparently all of my friends and cousins are "little people" none of the pants will work.
My rant is over. My kid is kicking me right now, so I guess she's tired of the griping. :)
My 27th Birthday is Sunday. I will be 23 weeks pregnant that day. Despite the laws that force me to wear pants in public, life is good. Merry Christmas everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Well I must say...I do love all your hand me downs b/c they're all long on me :) I'm actually wearing a pair of your britches now :)Oh and don't let the hubs burn those Razorback sweats, I'll take them, they sound amazing lol
Post a Comment