Most un-original title ever, right? Sorry, the creative juices aren't flowing, but instead what is flowing is snot. Gross. I feel horrible!!!!! Monday I went to work with a box of Kleenexes and a bag of cough drops in hand. I made it until the end of the day, but started to feel worse that night. Yesterday was WAY worse. I can't breathe, I keep gagging from the coughing, my voice sounds just like Vin Diesel. So yeah, it might just be a cold, but it's kicking my tail! They should come up with a more serious sounding diagnosis than "cold" because that would make me feel less like a weenie. So, I am blogging from home today, yes--day 2 of staying home from work. Today J is at work so there is no one to complain to except the blog world, and my Chihuahua who frankly, I think is tired of hearing about it.
Isabel's bedding came in!!! Yay! It's even cuter in person than in the pictures. We got a crib this week and we got a bassinet a few weeks ago. My child has more clothes than she will ever be able to wear as a newborn, so I think we need to focus our energy on things like the rest of the furniture and a stroller and carseat, etc. Right now I am on a mission to find a rocking recliner that I don't have to give an arm and a leg for because I'd rather have that than a glider chair and ottoman. I'm rambling. So about this year....
January was our first appointment with our fertility clinic, or any fertility clinic for that matter. I had made up my mind to move on to bigger things after 3 1/2 years of my local doctor telling me that "he gives it less than 6 months before I'm pregnant". Not to mention the laprascopy and 6 months of menopause (at age 25) that he thought it necessary to put me through. So after roughly 2-3 appointments with RE, it turned out that I was fine and it was male factor issues that we were dealing with. IVF was our only chance at a biological baby. I had my first of many meltdowns and we signed up for an April cycle of IVF. My hormones were crazy so that cycle was cancelled and we were kicked back to May. On June 10, 2010--they called me to let me now that after the transfer of 2 perfect embryos, we still were not pregnant. June was not a fun month to say the least. J and I had a big vacation coming up in August so we had decided to wait until after that to try the FET. And we told this to our families as well. I think we were more than ready for the break. And then something interesting happened and I got a call from the IVF nurse who said that they had a cancellation in the July cycle and we could be put on that if we wanted. I don't know what in the world convinced me to say yes that day, but I did and no sooner had we stopped the injections for IVF #1 we began them again for FET #1. We kept the whole thing to ourselves. I made up excuses at work about why I was missing (my clinic is 2 hours away). I wore a 1 piece in Mom and Dad's pool to hide the bruises on my stomach. We secretly found time for PIO's around whatever we had going on that day and wouldn't you know it....on 8-9-10, we got a call that it worked this time. We were pregnant. We got to surprise our families and friends who didn't even know we had been going through all of that, and since that day this year has pretty much rocked. So grateful that God allowed us this experience and we continue to pray that in April we will bring home a healthy baby....GIRL who is already loved more than she will ever comprehend.
So here's to hoping that 2011 is the best year ever, for all of us. Be safe this weekend and God Bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I must have missed your post before - so excited you are having a girl!!! Love the name!!!
I lurve me some Vin...come over tonight and we can turn the lights off while you whisper sweat nothings in muh ear. Kthxbi :)
Post a Comment