Where to start??? Monday, I started having some pain in my lower back and right pelvic area...it was enough to take my breath away so I called my Doctor's office and they had me come in for urine testing. I tested negative for a UTI, but I was still hurting BAD! Dr. M, scheduled me to have a gall bladder scan at the same time as my ultrasound, so that we could see if something was going on in there. Long story short, the ultrasound tech sees nothing wrong with my gall bladder, but thinks that I have kidney stones. Dr. M was in surgery all day yesterday, so he was supposed to call me with his results and a game plan after that....he didn't. Last night I was hurting pretty bad and hub would NOT let me lay on the heating pad (cooking the baby), so I decided that I would call Dr. M today and find out what's up. I left a message with the nurse, and I am hoping to hear back soon. I feel a little better this morning, but my back is still really sore.
Good news is that we have a healthy baby girl, who is VERY active. (stubbornly so) And I can begin shopping for all things GIRL. :)
Another issue that I was concerned with is that I haven't been able to feel kicking. Or if I have, I didn't know that's what it was, so I have Googled it like crazy, and then yesterday the Ultrasound Tech confirmed that I have an anterior placenta, which is fine, but keeps me from feeling the baby as early as other non-anterior placenta people. (longest run-on sentence ever)
So today I stayed home from work just to lay around and chill out a little. Yesterday we ran around like chickens with our heads cut off to announce the gender to our family, and I am thinking that probably didn't help my kidney/back situation much. And I hope to hear from the Doctor's office soon!
And that is how my past 48 hours or so have gone down. :) Leaving you with a belly pic. I look a little rough, but YAY Christmas tree.
(PS: this tree is 9 foot tall. I look like a giant at this angle. lol)




4 comments:
I've already told your hubs (I know you hate that, right?) this, but, yay! I'm so excited for y'all! Sophia will have a softball mate. ;) hehe Sorry that you are hurting! Tell JT that a heating pad is okay...Dr. L had me using one on my back several times throughout my pregnancy for different reasons...just don't lay it on your tummy for a long time. Hope you feel better soon! Yay for little girls!!!
A baby girl!!! Congratulations!
Awwwwww! Congratulations on team PINK! :)
Yay!!!!! A baby girl!!! So excited! I felt a kick or two at 20 weeks but lazy Mr. Dawson didn't start moving good and regularly until I was in the 30 weeks time frame! Yay for a girl!!!!!!
Post a Comment