Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The one where I complain a lot, Read at your own risk.

My IVF didn't work. That's not news, I told you that last week--but it sucked and it still mildly okay moderately sucks...but to my excitement the suckage just got worse. Let me explain.

I have a lot of insurance. Well I have primary and secondary and they are both through the same carrier its just that one is my company and the other is my husband's company. That sounds like a good thing...just wait for it. We were lucky (or so we thought) that this particular insurance company (not mentioning any names) covered MOST of our IVF. We were out 10% of the treatment and all of the medicine...which is still a lot of money in our eyes, but could have been so much worse. So--IVF doesn't work, I'm all "woe is me" and then BAM, we get a bill for a big chunk of money that we weren't supposed to have to pay. Now, that would be bad news on any day...but now that I have already paid SO much money and it didn't work...I really don't want to give anyone any MORE money for something that was a colossal waste of time. Long story short....they are filing stuff on secondary and then rejecting it because they can tell that I have primary insurance somewhere....yes...that somewhere is with them, but it's whatev. So..I have been on the phone all bloody morning dealing with that nonsense. Fun fun.

Insurance companies are STOOOOPID. Sorry if you work for one, but only just a little bit sorry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so annoying! Ugh, I am so sorry you are dealing with this on top of the emotional aspect of the IVF. This is the last thing you need right now. Sending you lots of hugs and hoping your insurance company gets their head our of their butt and things get taken care of.

A said...

YUCK. My next post is about insurance, too! Haven't written it yet- maybe this afternoon. Stay tuned!!

Tiffany said...

That is so f-ing annoying, sooooooo f-ing annoying. Insurance companies do suck. And I'm so sorry you get a bill slapped in your face only to remind you of what you just went through. I'm so so so sorry. I've recently had a similar experience with my insurance company. It was the kind of experience where you talk to one person and they transfer you to another, to another, only to be transfered back to the original person. Stupid is right. So sorry!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! How absolutely frustrating!

*Jessica said...

I hate insurance, too. I just got done with my own battle...and I'm sure it's not really over yet. You think you can talk to my insurance when you are done with yours?; ) kidding! Hope things start looking up for you soon!