Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 17


How far along: 17 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: +12 lbs.

Maternity clothes: Completely maternity on bottom, mixing it up on the top.

Sleep: I'm still sleeping well, thankful for that.

Best moment of the week: Got some more baby gifts, but from the MIL this time.

Food cravings/aversions: I want HOT WINGS. Sadly, I haven't had them in a while.

Belly button in or out: In

Stretch marks: Nope

What I miss: Nothing really.

What I am looking forward to: My appt on the 10th.

Weekly wisdom: I was told that pregnant women aren't supposed to lift their arms above their head because it will wrap the umbilical cord around the baby's neck. That seems a bit ridiculous to me. I also got a few unpleasant looks from opting not to take a flu shot....AND I got griped at for lifting my 5 year old nephew, but my thoughts are--what if I had a kid already? Wouldn't I be lifting them or would I just ignore them for 9 months? Ok, that is all.

3 comments:

AL said...

Happy 17 weeks!!

Umm, I've never heard the don't lift your arms above your head. That seems ridiculous!

I lifted a 35 pound bag of dog food today. Probably shouldn't have done that I guess...

Rikki said...

Don't lift a bear... that'd be bad.

Jennifer said...

I've heard of the "don't lift your arms over your head old wives tale. I actually thought about it everytime I stretched on my tippy toes to reach the top shelf. Maybe that is why Gracyn's umbilical cord was wrapped twice around her neck. But then again...there is no way you can go 40 weeks without lifting your arms over your head. So I agree...it's ridiculous!