Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Panic Attacks and Cheesecake

Ok about me not blogging again for a week or so, I's just kidding. It's still new to me, I'm wired up today and I talk a lot...so here we go.

I started off this morning having a small meltdown. Here I am all up in the middle of this IVF stuff and my body is not doing what it's supposed to...meaning Aunt Flo was supposed to be here days ago and she still hasn't made her presence. Well, last week at the IVF class the lady told us that if AF didn't make her appearance by the 25th we would have to move our IVF cycle back a month. NO way Jose! I don't have the mental patience (if there is such a thing) to drag this out another month. No way. So--I called "J" at TFC and wigged out on her just a tad and she told me to chill and that if I can just take a preg test and it be negative, that we will continue on. Ha--she oughta know that I have an amazing talent for making pregnancy test's say -. In fact, I have never seen one say otherwise, so...no I cannot make my period show up, but I sure can pee on a stick. I feel better.

Tomorrow I leave for the great town of Tulsa (how will I ever find my way around ;) ) for something other than IVF. I have a class that I am taking for work and I know I mentioned this already, but I am going to use this time to shop when I am not in class of course. But, here is the funny thing....the ladies at work have asked me a few times what I am going to eat while I am up there and honestly, it hadn't crossed my mind up until that point, which is strange, because I do love food very much. VERY much. So, I decided that while most of my meals will probably involve the food court at the mall, at least one is going to be fantabulous and I am thinking that one will come from The Cheesecake Factory. (now you understand the title of this post, right?)
So...I googled the menu and made a list of the foods that I might want to eat from that lovely little place. Ok, who cares about the food? I just want the dessert....

On another note, it snowed this weekend like whoa. So...I have to move. I can't deal with anymore cold weather. I'm busy, I'm moody, and I just want some sunshine right now. RIGHT NOW. I am looking at houses in the Sahara Desert as we speak...I'll keep you posted.

Speaking of the weather, I am reminded of a quote that I have heard several times and I love it. I even mentioned it to Mom yesterday while we were hanging out. :) 'If you wanna make God laugh, just tell him your plans." Ain't that the truth? That pretty much sums up my life in one little phrase. Have you ever looked around and felt like there are just certain people that get everything they want and exactly when they want it? I know that's not usually the case, but some people sure do a great job of faking it. Anyway, despite my griping, I actually am in a rather good mood and I have tons of stuff to get done, so I will end with this....the serenity prayer, because I sure need to read it and chances are, you do too. :) Have a blessed week
.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

6 comments:

AL said...

I have to repeat that prayer to myself daily :-). IF definitely teaches you that among other things. I'm glad it's nbd if AF doesn't show up and you'll be moving foward with IVF!!

Totally off topic, but your puppy, Harley? I LOVE him! We have a great dane too, named Bentley. He's blue and he is so sweet!!

*Jessica said...

Can I come with?! That cheesecake looks scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

OMG I want that cheesecake!!!

Magyar said...

__Hi Ashley, welcome to the blog scene, I'm glad I followed Cindy's suggestion.
__Glad too... that now the comments work!
__Luck be with you! _m

Rikki said...

I was just thinking how much I want the cheesecake factory... I'm a little jealous you get it and I don't.

Ashley said...

AI--I agree. I am not a patient person, yet I really don't have a choice in the matter when it comes to IF. So I am learning...
Harly is a mess, but definitely the sweetest dog I have ever had. He is 4 months old and HUGE already.
Jessica, JC and Rikki--The cheesecake was amazing. But for what I paid for it, it very well needed to be. :)
Magyar--Thank you for the sweet comment. I need all the luck I can get!!!