My levels were good and I have the go ahead to start my Follistim shots on Friday. What a relief!!! Thanks for the prayers and wish me luck with this whole poking myself with a needle thing!!! Any tips that you want to give are greatly appreciated!
Also--my doctor hasn't really given me a list of no-no's other than what medicines I can and cannot take during the shots/IVF process. Can I play sports? Can I drink caffeine? I have a lot of questions....I guess I might have to give the nurse a call or this will drive me crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
That is great news!! So happy for you!! I would definitely give the nurse a call if you have questions. You will be strssed enough when the process gets rolling so try to take care of any stress that you can. From my own personal experience: ICE! Ice the spots before you give your injections. Jab fast and straight on, no angle. That helped. Follistim burns more than it's straight out of the fridge so it's ok to let it be a bit more like room temperature. If you do Lupron that one burns alot more than it's cold so I would rub that one between my hands to warm it up a bit first. I count out caffeine once I started my stims. I think I had one half caf that whole time. My clinic made me stop caffeine after my retrieval so counting it out (or at least down) before than made it easier and I didn't get that many headaches. I took it easy with exercising as well. I exercised as long as I could, but after about a week of stims you will start to feel very full and won't be able to do as much as you are able to do now. Ok, that's long enough. :) E-mail me if you have any questions if you want. :)
Here are a couple of tips that worked for me...I had to back myself up against the wall before I gave my shot. I found myself backing up before I stuck myself...so being up against the wall I had no where to go. lol. Also, I pinched up pretty hard where it stung a bit and I never really felt the needle to in because I was pinching so hard. lol. Also, on some occasions I put ice on the injection site right before I stuck myself and I didn't feel the needle go in either. happy sticking!!!
Yay! I'm so happy for you!
dear sister,
im super excited about your doctors appointment. Now its the stabbing time. I will be more than happy to come over in the mornings and at night to give you the shot if you have a hard time with it. ive given lots of shots, i can do yours too! Anyways yay for good news! :)
love you!!
Post a Comment